The Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Smokehouse Smoker measures 2 ½ cubic feet. It has a powder-coated steel exterior for superior durability. With 4 smoking racks, it can hold quite a feast for your family and friends. It also has a push-button digital control panel and a 24-hour timer to make cooking a cinch.
Masterbuilt is also conscious about making its products energy-efficient. This smoker is no exception. It is well insulated, comes with a thermostat-controlled electric temperature, and it also has an auto shut-off feature. And with an air damper and side-loading wood tray, this smoker is designed to make your cooking job easier.
Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Smoker Features
- Removable drip pan
- Rear-mounted grease pan
- 2 ½ cubic feet
- Powder-coated steel exterior
- 4 smoking racks
- Push-button digital control panel
- 24-hour timer
With 174 reviews on retails site Amazon.com, customer feedback for this product is quite mixed. 120 consumers were happy with the product while 54 reviewers gave this smoker a rating below 4 out of 5 stars.
Among negative reviews, here are a few things unhappy customers had to say:
- Received defective units – Some consumers report having received smokers that were in a less-than-impressive condition. Some units did not give off smoke while others had a faulty heating element. There were also a few customers who reported defective LED screens.
- Questionable durability of door seal – A number of consumers complained that the door seal on this smoker is rather flimsy and looks like it could easily come off.
- Questionable longevity – There were also Amazon users who reported that their units broke down and became unusable in a year or less.
- “Set it and forget it” – Consumers love the electric thermometer feature of the Masterbuilt. Instead of constantly worrying about keeping the smoker at the right temperature, you can just load your wood chips and your food, set it to the desired settings, and you’re done!
- Convenient design – One feature that most customers love is the side-loading wood tray. If you feel the need to put in more wood chips, you don’t need to open the unit, just use the side tray.
- Holds well in cold weather – Contrary to what some reviewers say, there are actually several Amazon users who claim that this smoker can still heat and cook efficiently even when outside temperatures are unforgiving.
Based on all the reviews, there is indeed plenty of good feedback for this product, but the negative reviews are worth pondering over too. It seems that there is an issue about consistency in terms of quality control, as seen with customers who received defective units. There was also quite a number of reviewers who were dismayed about the fact that their Masterbuilt smokers gave out after a year.
Then again, as mentioned earlier, positive reviews are generous and these positive comments are glowing with praises for the smoker’s convenient design and good performance. There may be some risk involved in purchasing this product, but if you receive a unit that has no quality issues, then you are bound to enjoy plenty of wonderful cooking experiences with friends and family.